Junior Software Engineer @ Lisbon
Thank you for your interest in working with us at Eyeware!
We are expanding our product team and we are looking for a motivated Junior Software Engineer to join our team and support our growth.
A key objective of this role is to develop new features for our desktop software applications, using mostly Python and Qt for the user interface.
The ideal candidate will have deep domain experience in the development of desktop software. Your primary focus will be on the development and maintenance of multiple standalone applications with Qt-based GUI for Linux and Windows. In this position you will be expected to contribute to all aspects of the software development process, which will require you to be well rounded, professional and a real team player!
This position is full-time and requires office presence in Lisbon.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, product managers, computer vision software engineers, to design and maintain the end-user products
- Design and improve graphical user interfaces and 2D/3D visualizations
- Develop and maintain a Qt-based GUI desktop software for Windows and Linux
- Develop software modules based in a modular, object-oriented way
- Participate in code, design and test plan reviews
- Participate in all stages of the software development life cycle
- Contribute to all aspects of the software development process which include documentation, performance testing, code management, and deployment, among other things
- BSc degree (or higher) in Computer Science or similar
- Experience with Python and with graphical user interface development
- Excellent object-oriented analysis, design and programming
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent English skills in speaking and writing
- To be willing to learn, and have a pragmatic, proactive, motivated attitude, with a strong team spirit
- Experience and understanding of Qt component model, or semantics of component models
- Experience in multi-threaded software
- Experience in design patterns
- Development experience in Windows and Linux
- Knowledge of the C++ programing language
- Experience in code management, continuous integration, build tools, and deployment
- Experience with full life-cycle of development, including product release
- Debugging / profiling / optimizing experience
Salary: €15k – €28k
Join one of the most exciting startups in the robotics, AI, and machine learning space!
Welcome to Eyeware, a Swiss startup that develops unique technology for attention sensing. Our vision is to "humanize" the interaction with smart machines all rounds us - computers, phones, cars, robots, and more.
Our attention sensing platform is used in multiple industries including Automotive, Smart Home, Robotics, Advertising, or Retail. We have active prototype projects with large industrial corporates, and we are looking for your support to grow our product. Let's build the future together!