Data Engineer w/ Computer Vision
We are looking for a data engineer to keep the engines running in our data-driven startup. Your job will be to ensure we are constantly gathering data, ensuring our data is useful and of high quality, and that it is readily available for improving our technologies based on computer vision and machine learning / AI. As our focus is on computer vision, you will mostly manage video and images which however can be captured from different sensors: color cameras, depth, infrared, etc.
You will be collaborating closely with our research team, our customers and partners to bridge the gap between them in terms of data opportunities. The success of your job will also require a good understanding of the underlying technology.
- Record, organize and provide datasets ready for R&D
- Understand and communicate collaboration opportunities with our partners in terms of data needs
- Enhance our data with annotations, ground truth, etc.
- Find creative mechanisms to gather data: use cases, sources, sensors, modalities
- Design experiments to validate the quality of our system for specific use cases
- Maintain and improve our benchmarking system
- Ensure compliance with data protection regulations
- Coordinate data-related infrastructure
- To be willing to learn, pragmatic, actionable, motivated and with a strong team spirit
- MSc degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in experimental design
- Video and image processing
- Knowledge in python
- Database management
● Experience in computer vision or machine learning
● Experience in continuous integration
Equity: 0.0% – 0.3%
Salary range: $65k – $80k/ year